August 12, 1967 Italy
Best things I ever did ??
1. Avoid army band
2. Visit my old aunt
3. Stick by J.
4. Face down Daugherty
5. Choose Stanford over Harvard
6. Resign from Psy. Ops.
7. Publish the poetry
8. Got to the U. of C. after starting at Y.
9. Get Bus into U. of C.
10. Go ahead with PROD
11. Advice X not to get divorced.
12. Turn down Ph.D. offer on Dem. [Threshold] of Freedom
Things I am most proud of:
6. Jobs done.
Water Blo Learn
Mills Novelty job
August 12, 1967
Embarrassing Incidents of a Lifetime
Not the best things I've ever done, but a quality in common
1. Fight with Lavation
2. Fight with Rosario
3. Reversing the gun battery
4. Troop obstacle course
5. Meeting Clara U. at Raced's
7. Receiving the Camp Aaronic award
8. Filling out the WPA forms
9. The French girl at Darmstadt
10. "I'm English, Miss English." Richard Hooker
11. Bad speech to GE execs.
12. Mistakes in the de Borda mss.
13. Swearing at U. of C. bandsman
14. Drunk at Chatters et al. Jean Chatters
August 17, 1967 - August 25, 1967
Clear box of correspondence and miscellaneous
Call Ithiel in re briefing
Gather American Government material for Princeton
Call Bill McPhee
Metron income tax
Get Cholera shot
Read Gurelik MA thesis
Call Xerox re reproduction of letters
Dictate American Government chapter
Do personnel chart
Take 4 P.M. to Princeton
Gladys Irish Southmore (215) K13-0200 # 272
August 26, 1967 - September 30, 1967
1. Poetry mailing and shipping
2. Get PIT stock issued [acc] to a formula.
3. Move to new Princeton office
4. Set up PIT library
5. Draft preliminary government account inventory
6. See Dick Cornuelle re IR, inventory
7. See Velikovsky
8. Read and approve misc. NYU theses and papers
9. Reorganize 360o War Book. (Speak to Fletch and Ann Decker)
10. Settle money owing me from Simulmatics for bonuses
11. Clean up personal files
12. Work on mss. of Works
13. Write 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 times or cable to VN Simul. Team.
14. See Dave Truman
15. See U. of Pennsylvania people
16. Hire ½ time secretary New York; hire ½ time assistant New York
17. Check on life insurance coverage
18. Get paintings insured
19. Try to sell Di Chirico painting.
20. See about 2nd edition of Velikovsky book.
21. Compute and collect from Simul:
a. Expenses for July, August
b. Bill on books to Metron
22. Collect travel expenses from NYU
23. Straighten out Social invention illustration file.
24. Set up editing procedures for Rep. Gov. book.
25. Write Herb Cornuelle re Julian Turner
Write Rodman Rockefeller re Julian Turner
Write Giovanni Makaus
26. Ship equipment to Saigon (coffee pot, typewriter, cloth)
27. Pursue Refugee project (Olson). Call Deitchman
28. Get photos developed.
August 27, 1967
|Metron (Ptn & NY)||3,090.00|
|1st Nat. Princeton||1,550.00|
|Simal Corp. increments||$10,000.00|
|NYU Rep. Gov. Expenses||700.00|
|SIMUL pay & exp.||3,000.00|
|NYU Summer to Sept. 1||2,300.00|
|5000 options Simul (at $1)||5,000.00|
|99% Metron, Inc.||6,000.00|
|135,000 shares PIT, inc.||10,000.00||Other Assets:|
|50% Furnishings & Equip.||4,000.00|
Projection to January 1, 1967 [1968?]
|Received:||Payable||Source Amount||To Amount|
|bonus on new book?||10,000||household||3,000.00|
|AEI (after expenses)||1,000|